Adult Dependent Relatives
Adult Dependent Relatives
Adult Dependent Relative visa enables adult relatives who need to be cared for to come to the UK to live with a relative who is permanently settled in the UK. The relative settled in the UK must prove that:
- They are over 18 years old
- They are a British citizen and are settled in the UK
- They own or individually occupy the property in the UK where the applicant can be cared for
- They are capable of financial support, accommodation, and caring for the applicant
Eligibility criteria for the application
The applicants must submit the evidence of documentation that proves that they are unable to access the care needed in the country they are living in. For the application of Adult Dependant Relative visa, the applicant must determine that:
- They are dependent on a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter who is settled in the UK
- They need long-term care on their daily personal and household because of illness, disability or age
- The care they need is not accessible or affordable in the country they live in
- The relative they will be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate, and care for them financially without claiming public funds for at least five years
The applicant should submit evidence of their relationship with the relative in the UK. They will also have to submit the evidence provided by a doctor or health care professional regarding the need and health condition of the applicant.
The applicant must also submit the evidence of their financial circumstances that demonstrate the reason why the care is no longer affordable. They should also render proof of inaccessible care in their home country.
Note – Application for Adult Dependent Relatives can be done only from outside of the UK. An applicant will not be allowed to switch into this category from within the UK.
Duration of the stay under Adult Dependent Relative Visa
If the applicant meets all requirements, the Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK will be granted. And the applicant will be granted limited leave to enter the UK if the relative has asylum of humanitarian protection and has limited leave.
Adult Dependant Relative applications
It is extremely essential to understand all the requirements of visa processing, and the application must be prepared completely and accurately. The Home office will scrutinize the application for an Adult Dependent Relative visa to check if the applicant can get the care in their home country or if any of the other requirements are not met. If the applicant fails to submit all the relevant supporting documentation the application may fall for refusal.
Get in touch with our wills and probate solicitors
For advice, guidance, and support on any of the cases related to wills and probate, contact our solicitors today and we will ensure to approach your case with compassion and care.